Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tractor Towns?

Could not figure out a good title for this entry so, tractor towns will have to do... I also cannot find the apostrophe on a Moroccan keyboard, hence the lateness of this post, and my less abbreviated English. I want to make my writing as accessible as possible to my legions of dedicated readers, bless you all.

This is shot from one of our hikes through the mountains of the Alpujarras in Southern Spain. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the white-washed town of Campaleira, nestled into the side of the mountain. Two days of beautiful, scenic hiking, exploring the many towns that dot this scenic landscape. Ham like you would not believe, everything pig. Often three different kinds of pig; pig fat, cured pig, pig sausage, you name it. The hotel we stayed at was selling legs of cured pig for 7.50 a kilo!

Not very sensitive to the Jewish or Muslim diet, but delicious nonetheless. I am now officially a bonified pork enthusiast. Unbelievable mountain meals, I think the food might have been even better than the scenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home