Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Skating By...

Women's 500m speed skating. No world records tonight, but plenty of speed nonetheless. A gold for the Russian skater Svetlana Zhurova, she left it all on the ice tonight.

This picture, however, depicts one of the Japanese skaters. There is though, a Chinese skater by the name of Manli Wang, a rather unfortunate name to say the least. I had the good fortune of meeting a friendly fellow photographer who was so kind as to lend me her 200mm zoom lens, although I barely could work it with my camera, I made this shot.

And while I'm shooting olympic athletes, Dick Cheney is busy shooting people in the face. Could there be a more appropriate occurence to symbolize the ineptness, disregard and corruption of the current administration. Regardless, I know people will interpret this event in what ever manner best suits their political perspective, but I think the efforts to cover it up and irresponsibility that surround this are indicative of what we are dealing with.

Mens moguls tomorrow. Whoopee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, these shots are awesome-- It's ridiculous that you get to be there-- and so close to the action. Keep em coming.
Brian

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home